This photo contest offers a chance for people to share their love of Utah's Mid-Century Modern architecture through art. Utah has a variety of great architecture built from 1949-1970 and by participating in this contest you will help Utah Heritage Foundation share these unique buildings and signs. This is a chance showcase your skills and help UHF document some of these excellent structures. The contest is open to all ages and skill levels. Click below for more information about the contest and how winners are selected.
Sponsored by Pictureline
The entry period has closed! Thanks for all those who submitted photos.
- All photographs must be original and focus on unique buildings, signs, or character defining features of Mid-Century Architecture (built between 1949 - 1970) in the State of Utah.
- Up to 5 photographs per person may be submitted, only 1 photo per structure.
- All photographs must be submitted in JPEG format and be 800 x 600 pixels.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $5.00 is required for all submissions. Members of Utah Heritage Foundation have this fee waived; click here to find out more about membership benefits and to join or renew.
- The deadline for submission is April 1, 2010. Late submissions will not be considered.
If you would not like us to publish you email address on the page with your photographs, please indicate this in the email as well. If you do not indicate either way, we will publish your email as a way for viewers to contact you.
All photos are displayed in Utah Heritage Foundation’s For the Love of MOD Flickr group starting April 15th. Finalists were selected by a jury and shown as the preview to the Opening Night of Utah Preservation Conference, April 29th, at the Salt Lake City Library. Winners were eligible for selected prizes provided by the sponsors and will be announced at Utah Preservation Conference Opening Night festivities.